BatchDPG is a DPG conversion alternative for dpgenc, the converter included in the MoonShell package. BatchDPG was primarily created to offer better quality than the default converter, but has numerous other advantages. These advantages include: support for any video file that can be played in a DirectShow based media player, automatic framerate calculation, easy to add subtitle support, mono audio encoding, ability to set a maximum bitrate to avoid the video freezing for some time, less out-of-sync issues apparently caused by a bad resampling algorithm, and -ofcourse- batch support.
BatchDPG v1.0 final
- Lower resolutions selectable.
- BatchDPG now actually reports something semi-useful when conversion failes, and doesn't create any useless output.
- Nice GUI and tray icon.
- Source released. Includes the source of headermaker.
BatchDPG v1.0 beta 8
- Check to see if AviSynth is installed.
- 44100 samplerate removed because it introduced artifacts in the video, the 384 and 320 audio bitrates removed because they caused the video to freeze when seeking.
BatchDPG v1.0 beta 7
- Dropped avs2wav and replaced it by BePipe. Hopefully, this works for the people who were having issues with avs2wav.
- Progress bar now also displays progress for the audio conversion.
BatchDPG v1.0 beta 6
- All columns in the queue except for the Media one are hidden.
- Multiple files can now be added in one click.
BatchDPG v1.0 beta 5
- Array variable bugfix.
- 'Do after encoding' feature.
- Process priority feature.
BatchDPG v1.0 beta 4
- DPG files not being created issue fixed.
BatchDPG v1.0 beta 3
- DPG output should now be fully compliant.
BatchDPG v1.0 beta 2
- Dir for temporary files and for the final DPG files can be set. When not specified, the folder of the media file is used.
BatchDPG v1.0 beta 1
- Progress bar (currently) only works for video.
- TwoLAME is used as the MP2 encoder, which should provide a little bit better quality. - I've been testing a lot of MPEG-1 encoders, but I havn't found one yet that provides better output and is easier to use than mencoder.
- Only use mono for 44,1 kHz and 48 kHz. You've been warned.
- Only use up to 192 kbps for mono.
- A lot of files in the older versions of BatchDPG are not used anymore, so if you're overwriting your older installation, you might want to delete the older directory first.
- AviSynth is still a requirement.
- The created DPG files are not exactly compliant. You won't notice it during playback, but dpgdec will give an error when trying to demux the DPG file. Still trying to find a solution.
BatchDPG v0.6 beta 3
- Now only displays a warning when aspect ratio information could not be retrieved.
- Should fix space after quotation mark issue.
- About window updated. ;)
BatchDPG v0.6 beta 2
- Media recognition rewritten.
BatchDPG v0.6 beta 1
- Crash when BatchDPG is not active when starting the next file in the queue fixed.
- Attempt to fix issue where button is not automatically pressed when using 24 fps.
- Attempt to fix issue where media files located on A:, E:, I:, O: and U: partitions wouldn't work on some systems.
- Now automatically sets correct width and height on loading of media file using MediaInfo.
- Audio bitrate can now be as low as 32 kbps. This is as low as it gets. ;)
- GUI re-design.
- Normalize option.
BatchDPG v0.5 beta 3
- Fixes problem with VFAPI's ?????? window not being activated.
BatchDPG v0.5 beta 2
- Mono support.
- Audio bitrate can now be as low as 64 kbps.
- Now includes generic version of mencoder.
BatchDPG v0.4 beta 2
- Batch code somewhat rewritten.
- 'nodef' error should be fixed. It was caused by sloppy coding on my part. -_-" To keep it short: the error occured when the path to BatchDPG contained any number of spaces. This wasn't the case on my setup, so I didn't notice before.
- Audio bitrate can now be as low as 96 kbps.
BatchDPG v0.4 beta 1
- Batch support, finally!
- Desperate attempt to fix issues. Probably won't work, but worth a try.
- Settings are now saved.
- Should handle VFAPI better.
- Should work now on non-English Windows XP systems.
- Because of the marginal speed difference between the Medium and Low profiles, the quality of Low is now a little lower to improve speed, and equivalent to the dpgenc default.
- Required codec included.
- Package now in semi-installer form.
- Initial release.
Official Homepage: http://ls5.cydonianknight.com/